CFS of Western Manitoba believes that the best way to protect children is by strengthening and supporting families to be able to meet the needs of their children. We offer a wide range of community support and programs that help parents do just that and fulfill their role as the primary nurturer, protector and educator of their children.
Our family/parenting supports and services include (but are not limited to):
- Family strengthening and support
- In-home family support
- Life skills programs such as cooking and sewing
- Parenting education and groups
- ParentChild+ program (promotes attachment and early childhood literacy)
- Children therapy programs to support victims of maltreatment
- Youth engagement
- Early childhood education
- Family services such as protection, single expectant parent and family enhancement
- Supported access and Reunification
- Alternative care resources such as adoption, foster care and residential youth care
- Programs for newcomer Canadians and their families including literacy and support groups
For more information about these family/parenting supports and services, call 204-726-7143.