Child and Family Services of Western Manitoba is accepting applications for a full-time Rural Family Service Social Worker position, which will primarily cover the areas surrounding Russell, St. Lazare, McAuley, Miniota, Hamiota, and Shoal Lake Manitoba areas. You will be responsible for providing a wide range of services, including the provision of family assessment and connection to support resources, child protection services, trauma informed services, and, where appropriate, services to children in the Agency’s care. The successful applicant will be provided a six-week intensive orientation primarily in Brandon. Upon successful completion of the orientation period, an Agency vehicle will be assigned to the employee, which is considered a taxable benefit by the Canada Revenue Agency (C.R.A.). Ongoing professional development opportunities, along with adequate resources such as a cell phone and laptop are provided to frontline employees. Regular office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with a forty-five minute unpaid lunch break. Child and Family Services of Western Manitoba offers a dynamic work environment with competitive wages, flexible schedules and a vacation earning policy which exceeds Manitoba Employment Standards regulations. Our work culture exemplifies a team atmosphere with exceptional supervision and support from leadership. The successful candidate will be eligible to join the Agency’s comprehensive benefits and pension plans upon successful completion of the probationary period; this includes a defined contribution pension plan where the employer and the employee contribute 7%-8% each to the employee’s future.
- B.S.W. or M.S.W., with requirement to register with the Manitoba College of Social Workers;
- Underfill Opportunity: Applicants with a completed social sciences degree (i.e. Bachelor of Human Ecology, Bachelor of Arts, or Bachelor of Science with Psychology and Sociology), the willingness to obtain their Bachelor of Social Work degree and become registered through the Manitoba College of Social Workers within a four-year window may be considered for this position. Please visit https://mcsw.ca/join-the-college/ or contact the M.C.S.W. directly for more information on requirements to become registered through The College;
- Related experience in the child welfare field is considered a definite asset, as well as knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act;
- Effective assessment, interviewing, relationship building, problem solving, organizational and advocacy skills;
- Knowledge of trauma informed practices, child development, separation and attachment issues, and social issues impacting parenting;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently without prompting;
- Active Manitoba Class 5 (5F) Driver’s License, which is a condition of employment;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Successful completion of a Child Abuse Registry check, Criminal Record check, Prior Contact check and a Driver’s Abstract check.
This posting will be open until a suitable applicant is recruited. Please express your interest in this position, or any other position that may result from this competition file, by way of cover letter, resume and three references to: Candace Kowalchuk, Human Resources Specialist (online application submission button below). We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
"*" indicates required fields