Elspeth Reid Family Resource Centre
*** Given current health issues, our drop-in area is closed at this time ***
In 2014, the Elspeth Reid Family Resource Centre (FRC) celebrated 30 years of being “the place for families. From its humble start in a small two floor house, the FRC has grown over the years into today’s modern facility. The programs and services offered have also expanded into over 40 different programs.
What remains the same though is the FRC’s original vision of being an accessible community-based centre that offers a wealth of parenting programs, support and education, to the Westman community, and that responds to the ever-evolving needs of community families.
The FRC offers information, practical support and the chance for parents to share with others the joys and challenges of parenting. The FRC also partners with other community services providers to offer programs and services that strengthen and support Westman families.
The Elspeth Reid Family Resource Centre was renamed in 1991 after long-time community member Elspeth Mary Reid. Reid was an active and devoted volunteer in the Westman area. After her untimely passing at a young age, CFS of Western Manitoba chose to rename the Resource Centre in her honor to help carry on her tradition, work and dedication to helping the families and youth of Westman.
What people say about attending the Elspeth Reid Family Resource Centre / Centro de Recursos de la Familia Elspeth Reid:
- “The parents and children at home program is spectacular.”
- “It is wonderful to know I am not alone in my parenting challenges.”
- “Mi hijo aprendió nuevas palabras en inglés.” (My son learned new words in English.)
- “Mi hijo ahora cuenta, lee, sabe muchos nombres de casas y animales.” (Now, my son is able to count and read. He is also able to name things and animals.)
- “Thank you for all of the support for our family.”
- “It has been huge strength in my life to be able to sit and speak freely about problems or challenges with my children, especially since some parents have similar difficulties and medical problems with their children.”
- “Everyone is willing to help each other out, staff and other parents”
Contact us for more information at 204-726-6280
Rural Prevention Programs
Join us for Rural Preventative Programs via Zoom. Our first one is Positive Discipline which will help you with strengthening your parent-child relationships for ages 0-17 years. We will help you to enhance your parent/child problem-solving skills and promote emotional self-regulation for both you and your child.
Programs and Services at the Elspeth Reid Family Resource Centre