Child & Family Services of Western Manitoba is currently seeking qualified individuals with a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or a Masters of Social Work (MSW) degree to fill full-time positions. Our mission is to support families as well as protect children. As a Social Worker in Brandon, Manitoba or a surrounding rural area, you would support families by providing a wide range of trauma informed services, such as child protection, voluntary services and services to children in the Agency’s care. Regular office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Our staff appreciate a flexible schedule that supports personal wellness, competitive wages, robust pension and benefit plans. Our work culture exemplifies a team atmosphere with exceptional supervision and support from leadership. You will be provided a six week intensive orientation. Ongoing professional development opportunities along with adequate resources, including cell phones, laptop and agency vehicle for rural positions, are provided.
- B.S.W. or M.S.W., with requirement to register with the Manitoba College of Social Workers (half of these professional fees are covered);
- Related experience in the child welfare field is considered a definite asset, as well as knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act;
- Effective assessment, interviewing, relationship building, problem solving, organizational & advocacy skills;
- Knowledge of trauma informed practices, child development, separation & attachment issues, & social issues impacting parenting;
- Ability to work in a team environment & independently;
- Successful completion of a Child Abuse Registry check, Criminal Record check, Prior Contact check & a Driver’s Abstract check.
"*" indicates required fields