Right to Appeal

Knowing Your Right to Appeal

As a client of Child and Family Services, you have the right to appeal decisions that are made concerning you and your family:

  • If your concern is about the kind of service you are receiving, you are invited to discuss the matter with your social worker. If this is unsatisfactory or not possible, you may contact the worker’s supervisor – either the worker or our receptionist will be pleased to tell you which supervisor to contact. Most situations can be sorted out this way.
  • If the matter can’t be settled this way, the supervisor will let you know what else you can do.
  • If your concern is about a matter that is before the court, you have the right to consult a lawyer.

For more information, who to contact if you have a question or complaint about child and family services, please open the link below.