Would you like to work casually a few days per week? Do you like working with preschool aged children?
Position Title: Casual Child Care Assistant, Victoria Day Care and Preschool Enrichment Program
Position Status: Casual – preference of availability is 9am to 3pm
Competition Number: 44/23
Posting Close Date & Time: Open until casual list needs are met
Child and Family Services of Western Manitoba is seeking energetic individuals who would like to work casually as a Child Care Assistant at the Victoria Day Care Centre and the Preschool Enrichment Program. Program operating hours are 7:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday. For casual staff, we are current seeking applicants with 9am to 3pm casual availability. Applicants with partial day availability a couple days a week may also be considered. Please indicate your potential shift availability in your application.
The wage for casual Child Care Assistants who have not completed an approved 40-hour course as per Early Learning and Child Care’s criteria will be paid $15.55 per hour. Applicants who have completed an approved 40-hour course will be placed on a higher pay scale. As per ELCC requirements, casual CCAs are required to obtain an approved 40-hour course within the first year of employment.
- Knowledge and experience with preschool aged children;
- Must be willing to obtain an approved 40-hour course as per Manitoba Early Learning & Child Care regulations within the first year of employment, if not already completed at hire;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Ability to work as a team member and possess effective communication skills;
- Please refer to section below for additional requirements.
- Successful completion of a Child Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Records Check (including vulnerable sector), Prior Contact Check, and a Driver’s Abstract Check is required. The successful candidate will be responsible for any services charges incurred for the Criminal Record Check; the Agency will pay for the other three security checks.
- Please include three references with your application. Two must be employment-related, one being your current or most recent supervisor. The third can be a personal or character reference. The Agency will not contact your references in advance of an interview.
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please express your interest in this position by way of cover letter, resume, three references and shift availability to:
Candace Kowalchuk, Human Resources Specialist
800 McTavish Avenue Brandon, MB R7A 7L4
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.cfswestern.mb.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
"*" indicates required fields