Elspeth Reid Family Resource Centre
*** Our Family Resource Centre is open for programs and drop-in times ***
In 2014, the Elspeth Reid Family Resource Centre (FRC) celebrated 30 years of being “the place for families. From its humble start in a small two floor house, the FRC has grown over the years into today’s modern facility. The programs and services offered have also expanded into over 40 different programs.
What remains the same though is the FRC’s original vision of being an accessible community-based centre that offers a wealth of parenting programs, support and education, to the Westman community, and that responds to the ever-evolving needs of community families.
The FRC offers information, practical support and the chance for parents to share with others the joys and challenges of parenting. The FRC also partners with other community services providers to offer programs and services that strengthen and support Westman families.
The Elspeth Reid Family Resource Centre was renamed in 1991 after long-time community member Elspeth Mary Reid. Reid was an active and devoted volunteer in the Westman area. After her untimely passing at a young age, CFS of Western Manitoba chose to rename the Resource Centre in her honor to help carry on her tradition, work and dedication to helping the families and youth of Westman.
What people say about attending the Elspeth Reid Family Resource Centre / Centro de Recursos de la Familia Elspeth Reid:
- “The parents and children at home program is spectacular.”
- “It is wonderful to know I am not alone in my parenting challenges.”
- “Mi hijo aprendió nuevas palabras en inglés.” (My son learned new words in English.)
- “Mi hijo ahora cuenta, lee, sabe muchos nombres de casas y animales.” (Now, my son is able to count and read. He is also able to name things and animals.)
- “Thank you for all of the support for our family.”
- “It has been huge strength in my life to be able to sit and speak freely about problems or challenges with my children, especially since some parents have similar difficulties and medical problems with their children.”
- “Everyone is willing to help each other out, staff and other parents”
Contact us for more information at 204-726-6280
Kindergarten Registration Help
We have a BSD staff person coming here on Monday Feb 27 from 10 – 11:15am. Parents who would like help with the kindergarten registration forms are welcome to attend. Call 204-726-6280 ahead to sign up. Limited transportation and child care available while parents meet.
Rural Preventive Program
Join us for Rural Preventative Programs via Zoom. This program is for parent/child relationships for children ages 0-17 years. Call 204-726-6280 to register.
Come and join us for four sessions about how limits are good for kids. We will talk about how limits teach self-discipline, teach kids how to keep themselves safe, how limits help kids cope with uncomfortable feels, and show kids that YOU care.
Programs and Services at the Elspeth Reid Family Resource Centre