Child & Family Services of Western Manitoba is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill full-time Family Service Social Worker or Family Service Worker positions. Our mission is to support families as well as protect children. As a Social Worker in Brandon, Manitoba or a surrounding rural area, you would support families by providing a wide range of trauma informed services, such as child protection, voluntary services and services to children in the Agency’s care. Regular office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Our staff appreciate a flexible schedule that supports personal wellness, competitive wages, robust pension and benefit plans. Our work culture exemplifies a team atmosphere with exceptional supervision and support from leadership. You will be provided a six week intensive orientation. Ongoing professional development opportunities along with adequate resources, including cell phones, laptop and agency vehicle for rural positions, are provided.
- Bachelor of Social Worker or Masters of Social Work, with requirement to register with the Manitoba College of Social Workers (half of these professional fees are reimbursed);
- Underfill Opportunity for applicants without a B.S.W. or M.S.W.: Applicants with a completed social sciences degree (i.e. Bachelor of Human Ecology, Bachelor of Arts, or Bachelor of Science with Psychology and Sociology), the willingness to obtain their Bachelor of Social Work degree and become registered through the Manitoba College of Social Workers within a four-year window may be considered for this position. Please visit https://mcsw.ca/join-the-college/ or contact the M.C.S.W. directly for more information on requirements to become registered through The College;
- Related experience in the child welfare field is considered a definite asset, as well as knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act;
- Effective assessment, interviewing, relationship building, problem solving, organizational and advocacy skills;
- Knowledge of trauma informed practices, child development, separation and attachment issues, and social issues impacting parenting;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently without prompting;
- Active Manitoba Class 5 (5F) Driver’s License, which is a condition of employment;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Successful completion of a Child Abuse Registry check, Criminal Record check, Prior Contact check and a Driver’s Abstract check.
This posting will be open until suitable applicants are recruited for current vacancies. Please express your interest in this position, or any other position that may result from this competition file, by way of cover letter, resume and three references to: Candace Kowalchuk, Human Resources Specialist (online application submission button below) or by emailing Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Please feel free to contact Ms. Kowalchuk at 204-726-6347 if you have any questions about the underfill opportunity.
"*" indicates required fields